Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Year, New Me?

So...

    I know its been a few months, and I haven't written much except updates. So yeah, to bring y'all up to speed. New year's was pretty boring, new years day, I visited Casey, and sprained my ankle the following day. That is still causing me pain close to two months later. But, I had fun, and at least it wasn't a bee sting this time. That was just too funny.
    Now I'm sitting here in my room, in McClung. After resigning from VWIL and being kicked out of Kable, the past three weeks in my life, have been amazing. Yes, I miss my class mates, and I miss the busyness that VWIL offered me. But honestly, I'm happy, I'm not stressed, and I'm feeling okay. I've got an amazing few friends now, who actually care and come see me and hang out with me. Its great. Krys and Me decided to go out today and I took her out to McDowell, which i knew she would enjoy. We hiked the Confederate Breastworks trail, which was so short, but it was awesome. Went out to the water hole that Hank showed my family when I graduated high school, and spent some time. We both relaxed, and we both enjoyed our day. I felt like I was home. It was the best feeling ever.
    Yesterday and Today, I had my first hesitation and sting of regret as to my resignation from VWIL. Yesterday, I attended the nULL's honor ceremony, which they did a great job. Succeeded by their evening and the rituals of breakout last night. This morning at 0800, I looked on from my window in McClung, at the stairs ceremony, and bit back the sting of tears. It would have been my last, standing there, welcoming the newest cadets of the class of 2015. But no, I wasn't. I observed via my window. The pang of the feeling I made a mistake hurt, but as today went on, I realized I had moreover, still made the right choice for me. My stress, my life, my comfort, my happiness. Happy I am, honestly. It makes me certain, that i did make the right choice in the end. I still support my classmates in their decision, and I'm only human. I hope that they support me in my choices as well, but who knows if that's going to happen.

Well, I think I have typed to my hearts content.

Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment