Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 2 - The Job Hunt

Day 2 – May 24th, 2010

Second day here in New Orleans, aka, La Place, Louisiana. I’ve so far spent the day searching for jobs once I woke up and got moving. Dad is determined to break me of my habit of saying the F-word when I can. It’s not like I use it ALL the time… but he ain’t going to break the habit. I use it around friends and in my own ways. I don’t use it in most public places and especially in the work place. But anyway, enough of my bitching, and back to the day; Food is minimal around here, which is fine; I don’t need to be eating a killer amount, anyway. Internet doesn’t exist at the house, so if I want to blog or facebook, I’m going to need to make a daily trip over to PJ’s coffee to get my fix. Which doesn’t bother me none, but will suck once I start working. I actually got a damn good amount of sleep last night. Took my meds around nine-ish and passed out hardcore just before nine thirty, and woke up at 930 this morning feeling really well rested. Twelve hours of hardcore sleep works for me! I hope it happens often. I’ve discovered I like to be left alone, unless I’m with friends. I’m a huge loner. I’ve discovered I enjoy the quietness of my room; Just me and my music, and on occasion, my books, or TV when I’m at Baldwin. What else would I do? Felix and I are faring well here, and he’s being the active over bouncy and goofy fish I know every day. So he definitely took the trip well.

The dryer doesn’t work here, so I’ve had to result to laying my laundry out to dry so I at least have some clean clothes. I wore my VWIL shorts and my old 2008 senior tee around today, and my kerchief with pirates and camo, and dad got upset with me for applying for jobs that way. I was like whatever dad. I can do as I want. People around here know I’m new. And the only friendly people that I’ve actually chatted with are those two nice ladies at the home depot when I was asking about applications.

I still need to go for my run today, and dad wants to come with me. I’m like, whatever; I’m going to do my own thing. I love the old man to death, but I’m tired of hearing things like “I’m proud of you” or “I love you” I know this, and he has every right to say it, but I just don’t need to hear it five times a day every day. It’s A-noying. I like just being able to sit in peace and quiet. He doesn’t need to know my every doing either. I’m a grown kid, and I’m only in this house for three things: Food, bed, and roof. Enough said. I can get my own job, and soon enough, hopefully a car.

Speaking of which; there is a pretty red Pontiac with racing decals along the side for sale here, 1K or best offer. It’s a little (of course it’s a slight exaggeration) beaten up, manual (looked to be 5 speed), racing seats (driver and passenger), but overall looking to be in a decent condition. It’s the cheapest priced vehicle I’ve seen here. I probably will offer them 700 or 800 depending on how much I make and how fast. I won’t go above 850 though, with the damage in the vehicle. I’m going to call on the car once I get a job and a steady paycheck. I’ve got ten weeks to make at least 1500 bucks.

Well, time to go get the old man off his ass and get over to the track so I can run and do my PT for the day. It’s looking like its cooled down a bit, but who cares? By the time we get back, It will be shower and read time till bed at 2100. Then med’s and pass out time!

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment