Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer 'oh ten!

New Orleans, La.
Day 1 – May 23, 2010

And so it begins.

Well, I’m here. Got in at 6am local time (least that’s when I looked at my phone for time). That would have been 7am Virginia time. For those who don’t know, Louisiana is an hour behind east coast time… Yea, I see daylight after you guys. 

Anyway, onto the story…

So far, its 3 pm. And I’ve yet to have a meal all day. So far, Dad and I have spent the afternoon driving about looking at the area so I’m a bit familiarized with it. So far, it’s great! Beautiful, but it’s not Staunton. I will always love Staunton, its home to me. J The lake that’s not too far away (Lake Ponce’train [sp?]) is beautiful, and dad says it’s over 28 miles wide. And to be dead honest, you look over and can’t see the other side, so I believe him. The only (>.<) part of the lake that I dislike, is that there are huge power lines going through it… Couldn’t they have just let it alone? But anyway, that’s unimportant. After we went around town, we went to the library, I checked out a couple of books, hopefully some good ones, but they are for the lazy days around here that I want to read. Lord knows I will have them. After that, got back to the house, and started officially unpacking. All of my stuff survived the trip, including Mr. Felix (The fish). Felix took the trip much better than I expected. But the jam jar dad brought from grandma’s house served its purpose and I have every intention of utilizing it again. My room is organized to how I want it, and the laundry is started. Dinner consisted of rice, red beans (Ick! >.<), green apple slices (which I didn’t touch) and strawberries, which I devoured. Overall, dinner wasn’t the greatest for a meal, but it worked… If I had my way, I probably would have never eaten anyway… I still hadn’t been hungry. After all that work was done, I went for a run around the block. Found a pretty little place just across the road away from the city that I’ve officially decided is my hideaway spot if necessary. For a mile to mile-n-a half run (give or take) after not running since April long distances due to my injury and just taking it easy, I felt good. Still feel good. I’ll probably be sore in the morning, but its good stuff for that, and I will do it all again tomorrow. I will lose the weight I need to for the Army, I want in, and I will get in. Plans for tomorrow? Job hunt. Finish Laundry. PT x2. Send out book from May-term for refund. Read a book.

May 21st-22nd update:

Travis just didn’t work… not happening. It’s a long story, but in any essentials, all he was out for was ass. And became over obsessive when I didn't respond after i made him leave. I texted him back early yesterday morning (around 5am local time), and told him in the longest of terms, to shove off. I think the text was over 15 texts long? It was a bit. Took me a good 30 minutes to think of all the big terms I wanted to use to confuse him. But, good news. Crazy bastard isn't talking to me anymore! Yayyyyyy! Piece of advice to all you girls out there dating online, Don't believe anything a man tells you over a text. Meet him in daylight, in a public place. Enough said. If you don't, have a friend tag along. 

 Change of Command orders for all returning Cadets: Leave of absence till 1300 26AUG10. (But as for me… I get to return on the 16th.) Seniors: Dismissed from the corps. Congrats 2010, You did it!

Enjoying the wonderful day outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment