Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Love... What is it?

I know I posted the following earlier, but it kinda goes with the topic.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7


"Love is patient, love is kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. Love is not rude, is not selfish, and does not become angry easily. Love does not remember wrongs done against it. Love is not happy with evil, but is happy with truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."


Just a few moments ago, I got a text from Travis, and mind you, I like this guy... A lot. I've not met him yet, and it was by chance. Honestly. I had signed on to Plentyoffish.com to delete my profile. I said "Oh, what the hell, lets see who's new." and happened across him and started talking the next day. Surprise surprise! Now like I said, I like this guy, a lot. But you want to talk about scaring the shit outta a girl before you even meet her? Tell her you're falling for her when you've only spent two weeks texting her and one evening on the phone... Seriously.  It's just luck that I meet this guy when I did. I want things to work out with him. I pray they do, but don't scare me off by telling me that after two weeks... and after you stood me up on a date once, and I've yet to meet you! 


Can you honestly be in love with someone you've never met? 


I mean, I like this guy, he makes me smile every day, calls me beautiful and all these sweet names. Is dead honest with me, and respects everything I ask of him. And he's dying to meet me. What more can a girl ask for? After I sent him a text back saying basically I don't want to be hurt and I don't want to hurt him either, he responded with this: "I know and I have been hurt before too, and I would never hurt you because if i had the chance with you I would be the Prince and you would be my Princess"


Can I just cry right now?


You know how long I've been waiting to meet a guy like this? I thought it was impossible, chivalry had to be dead, because I'm a hopeless romantic and that just swept me off my feet. What am I supposed to do? This guy makes me smile every day. Say's "Good Morning Beautiful" when I wake up and say good morning, and wishes me the sweetest dreams when I go to bed. He always asks me what I want. Me! Nonetheless! Half the time I don't know what to respond to this guy, cause he is so sweet. I just want to giggle and smile all day! Talking on the phone last night and waking up this morning to a text saying "Good Morning Beautiful" just did it for me. It made my day... I had the biggest shit-faced grin on all day. I can't wait to meet him on Friday... 


I'm so excited and scared and nervous... Its like I'm a silly little teenager about to go on her first date. Dear lord, help me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment